Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Packing Nightmare for the Travel Glutton --3/2014

This is one of the unpublished pieces; I decided to add more out of the time frame would not catch the essence of the moment. You get what I did at the time.

Is there really enough travel?  You be the judge; I will try to figure it out, with a clouded mind.

When we first talked about the possibility of going on a Danube cruise, I kept saying it was just too expensive.  After having a stroke in early July, the outlook relating to price and time totally changed and I made reservations for the Danube cruise.  Naturally, we decided to stop by London to see Bethie, Charlotte, and Jason.  (Peter was not firmly on the radar at the time.)

Marshall had scheduled a Skipper Saver class for me prior to the stroke, so we went out on the Friday after my Monday incident.  My wonderful instructor, Bob, was very patient with me and made me comfortable being in charge of the 32 to 35 ton boat.

During conversation, Bob mentioned he and his wife were going n a cruise on HAL to the southern caribbean.  He said there were a few couples we knew who were going on the same cruise and said it would be nice for us to go along.  Already having a Danube cruise scheduled near that time, it  was an idea to pursue. .  .  and I did.

Originally, we thought a trip between the HAL trip and our Danube trip would be good and followed by a few days in London.  AS time progressed, the longer trip did not look so  great (we had been on a 42 day cruise with total of 2 months before).  AS it turned out, we--I, decided  we would do New York another time and shorten the trip by going to London immediately after the Caribbean--Before the Danube.

No comments:

Post a Comment