Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ready, set...Not packed; but writing random thoughts?

After months of planning and looking forward to our "adventure" it is down to less than 48 hours. .  . and there is not a packed suitcase in sight!  We vowed in July that we would not wait until the last minute to pack, but here we go again.  Hopefully we will not be putting in the last items as the driver is loading our bags, like we did going to Mexico last summer.

How do you put things for this  much time and variety into 2 or 3 suitcases?  This is really packing for several different climates.  The Atlantic will be very mild and somewhat nippy at times.  Once we hit Egypt, it will be hot; from there it adds humidity! On top of that, we need clothes for "formal" evenings.  **Picked up this nifty "skirt" in Las Vegas that converts into several different dress styles--even has its own dvd--those printed, easy step directions never work for me. Maybe it would be best to stay in on those nights or visit the arcade.

Luckily there is laundry service or we would be stinking like the  explorers of old  by the end of this journey.  Oh,  can you imagine! No, I do NOT want to think about it; too foul.   (**That was another side trip! Old folks brains work that way; oh, mine has always done that, never mind.)

Honestly, I have packed my bag once and then dumped it out.  Now need to sort and re-sort  it before being ready to repack; then, I will need space for the things I forgot and have to buy along the way.  Besides clothes there are all of the other things one needs to be maintained on a daily basis. Ugh! So much to do and think about and so little time. 

 I will just have to get a cup of tea and contemplate this problem; then, we had better get busy with the job or can I delay some more?  Hummmm, we will see.

2 comments:

  1. Did I read that correctly? You have a skirt that came with a DVD? I'm sticking with clothing that doesn't require detailed instructions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did read correctly. It is one of those items that can be worn a multiple of ways. Skirt, dress, coverup, etc. I'll show you when we get to London.

      Delete