Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Adventure in ending ""Tacky, tacky, tacky

Have you ever entered a room and really wanted to straighten a picture or two?  Maybe rearrange  pillows?  I have had that need but been paralyzed at the enormity of what my choices would cause;  frozen with fear of not doing the right thing so do nothing instead.  Today was  my attempt to move from  that spot to the next and finally complete the project. 

In an attempt to put order into  our space, the paintings and frames have finally been put on the wall of the seldom used living room.  I even put up frames without pictures just to get the balance correct.  Since I move very slowly and sometimes put off priority, we have had the picture-less frames on the walls for weeks.  Today that situation would end if I met my goal.

I ventured out to my local Walgreen's today with an SD card in hand.  I was determined to print photos to fill the frames that contained commercial advertisement photos.  I had four size prints to do but selecting he perfect photo for each frame was harder than I thought it would be.  After about 15 minutes of changing, sizing, flipping, and other editing, I selected photos to fill 3 of my frames.  Then came the short wait to see if I did OK.

While waiting, I explored the store.  I did not know the variety of items contained within the walls of Walgreen's.  One can get a wardrobe, personal care items, household items, food, toys--adult and child, electronics, and the list goes on.  My wait time went by very quickly as I also slipped out to the neighboring OHS and got several plants for the garden--which got planted upon arrival home.


Well I got the pictures.  They are in their frames.  I need to return to OSH to  get the aparatus to change the picture frame to landscape, but I have  completed my goal.  Pictures in frame. 

Now that I know how to make the photo prints, I may begin to change them out  with pictures from our adventures or just print for other places around the house.  Next time I will practice cropping.  A new adventure awaits!




No comments:

Post a Comment