Sunday, March 9, 2014

Really? On the road again? The wake-up call.

Just waiting around for the driver to arrive and whisk us away to Sacramento for the first leg of our mixed up adventure.  This one is an odd combination but with a good reason; let me explain.

Last spring, I was dreaming over the most recent Gate1Travel brochure.  Glassy-eyed, I said to dear husband that it would be nice to do a river cruise--where you see land all of the time BUT much too expensive. End of that idea . . . topic closed.

To my surprise in July, I found myself being airlifted to UCD in Sacramento in the process of having a stroke.   Impossible; amazing; really?  It was on roof of the hospital leaving the helicopter  when I decided that river trip was NOT too expensive and we needed to do it very soon, 

As soon as I got home from my hospital adventure, I called John Scott at Gate1Travel and booked our Danube River cruise.  That was a Wednesday.  The following Saturday, my boating instructor--Bob Burke, mentioned a group from the San Joaquin Delta Power Squadron were going on a Caribbean cruise and would we like to join them. The date was close to the river cruise date sooooooo we said, "Sure thing!"  After a bit of calendar surfing and time allotted for London with  a side trip to Paris,  that brings us to today.   

I hear the bell; must go!  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment